Ph.D. scholarship in the Computer Science Department at Tennessee Tech University, Cookeville, TN, USA, is open for hiring immediately in the area of applied machine learning and cybersecurity. The Ph.D. student will be supervised by Dr. Muhammad Ismail (Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science, Tennessee Tech University:
- An MSc degree in Computer Science/Electrical and Computer Engineering related to the areas listed above.
- Relevant programming skills (e.g., python
- English writing and verbal skills (applicants for Fall 2020 only required to take online Duolingo language test)
- Desirable Qualifications (in one or two of the following, not a must but a plus)
- Background in machine learning (deep feed-forward neural networks, deep recurrent neural networks “LSTM and GRU”, deep convolutional neural networks, etc.).
- Background in cybersecurity (secure multi-party computation, homomorphic encryption, authentication, etc).
- Background in optimization (NLP, MINLP, Convex Programming, Semi-definite Programming, etc.)
- Background in stochastic modeling (Markov chains, Graph Probabilistic Models, etc.)
- Publication record in academic conferences and journals.
Application submission details for Ph.D.:
Interested applicants should send the following information, as single .pdf, to Dr. Muhammad Ismail (email@example.com):
CV, including a summary of educational background, grades, and list of publications.
Names and email addresses of at least 3 references.
A soft copy of one or two recent publications considered by the candidate as being representative(s) of his/her research work.